Currently there are 5 Different models of Roku box available for purchase. Below you’ll find a list of what features each model has, along with a video reviews courtesy of cnet and prices taken from Amazon.com.
The entry level Roku box is the ROKU LT
- 600+ entertainment channels
- One-stop search
- Works with virtually any TV
- Built-in wireless (Wi-Fi b/g/n compatible)
- Free app for iOS® and Android available
- Plays 720p HD video*
One Step up from The ROKU LT is the ROKU HD
- Features in this model include everything from the LT plus it has component jacks for those who’s televisions don’t have the HDMI connection.
An upgraded version of the ROKU box in the ROKU 2 XD
- Features in this upgraded version of Roku box you’ll find all the features of the LT and HD plus the Roku XD will play full HD video (1080p)*
One step above the ROKU 2 XD is the Roku 2 XS (Limited Availability)
- Features in this top of the line model include all the features of the previous models plus:
- Motion control in the remote for gaming
- FREE Angry Birds™ game
- Ethernet port and USB port
New to the ROKU lineup was released on March, 5th 2013 is the All New ROKU 3
- Features in the top of the line model include all of the features of the previous models plus:
- Remote with headphone jack (includes earbuds)
- An updated UI to make navigating through your stations easier.
So, as you can see there is a Roku player to fit just about any budget and all models come with the ability to watch unlimited tv shows and movies through netflix and amazon movies. Plus there are channels being added everyday to the online library. This seems to me like a Droid or Kindle for TV.